2019 Budapest - go deep/go down list & daily recaps [+7,8]


Just quick lists alone ...

Here are my predictions for this tournament:

GO DEEP list: Uytvanck, Parmentier, Alexandrova 

GO DOWN list: Korpatch, Stollar, Larsson


Recap after 1R: Looks like no preview is needed :)  Of course I carry out my analysis to come up with these predictions but then to put it across... uff that's a different story. I guess I am better analyst than writer (so why I write this blog?!:) Anyway, I started telling that previews are not needed because I didn't write a preview to this one and there was almost perfect start. All girls from go-down list lost and didn't cover the spread. And from go-deep list, Alexandrova won by 5 gems margin (handi was -5,5) but she had 4-1 and a double break in the 3rd set, shame that she couldn't close it smoothly. So overall after 1R there is 5-1 ATS, hard to expect a better start...
Recap after R16: Wow!! A perfect round with three wins. Way above an average. This time Alexandrova didn't take a break in the middle of deciding set, Uytvanck had a close match with Świątek, who in fact looks impressive in some rallies and probably is a great prospect. Smitkova broke down emotionally at some point in the 2nd set and Parmentier took her chance to finish her off. 8-1 ATS after two rounds ..wow! I can't believe myself. Looking forward to quarterfinals:)
Recap after the final: Amazing!:) First time when I picked the winner since when I employ this method. In QF and SF we had two matches where girls form "deep list" played each other, so I omitted these games. In QF Uytvanck defeated Kozlova in three sets and then survived the clash with Alexandrova in SF. That one was really close. In the final, she came back from set down to defend the title. That was the most successful week for GDGD method so far and I don't think it will repeat soon. Everything just clicked perfectly in this one - 10-1 ATS and +7,8 units is crazy and probably impossible to be repeated.

Matches (all these matches you can find on my blogabet, marked as "GDGD"):
18.2.2019 1R down Krunic-4,5 Korpatch               *WIN
18.2.2019 1R deep  Parmentier-1 Konjuh               *WIN
19.2.2019 1R down Kozlova+1,5 Larsson              *WIN
20.2.2019 1R deep  Uytvanck-2 Zvonareva            *WIN
20.2.2019 1R down Brengle-3 Stollar                     *WIN
20.2.2019 R16 deep Parmentier-1 Smitkova           *WIN
21.2.2019 R16 deep Alexandorva-4,5 Rus              *WIN
21.2.2019 R16 deep Uytvanck-2 Świątek                *WIN
22.2.2019 QF deep Uytvanck-3 Kozlova                 *WIN
24.2.2109  F  deep Uytvanck+3,5 Vondrousova      *WIN

20.2.2019 1R deep Alexandrova-5,5 Arn                *MISS

0 comments:

Post a Comment