2019 Lugano - go deep/go down list & daily recaps [-0,7]

As always five minutes before midnight... but I had a tough weekend, so just the lists and then picks on blogabet, and maybe later I will write some preview...

GO DEEP list: Bencic, Świątek, Alexandorva
GO DOWN list: Kuznetsova, Cirstea, Minella


Recap after 1R: Terrible start and I guess this first round will be deciding for GDGD method during this tournament... Alexandorva lost to Kuza after tight three-setter and I am not going to risk to bet against Kuza in next rounds - she looked too sharp and she is to face Bacs in the next round, with whom Russian has comfortable 4-0 h2h, so I will quit that match.
This is not the first and last time when I will abandon a player from "go-down" list if she is through to the next round. I hope it is understandable because often that will be an underlying logic behind the "go-down" list - a player should go down in the first/second round, and if not than sth went wrong eg. she is in much better form than expected. Sometimes the player is planned to go down in the first round due to a particular match-up (negative record, others). In this particular case, Alexandrova was in good shape, had momentum and seemed to be a solid clay player, and Kuza was back from a long break and her form was very questionable, plus she is not 19 teen anymore:). But if she beat Alexandorva then all assumptions must be reconsidered - I hope it's obvious for you. A similar case is with Cirstea, who was to go down with in-form Barthel (who won 1set but then disintegrated...), but she won and in the R16 will face Hercog, with whom she had a nice record, and alike in Kuza case, I will quit that match. Bencic with Lottner... I must say it was a stunner of the month so far for me but must give her a credit to Lottner for that - a well-deserved win.
So after the first round, there is 2-4 ATS and only Świątek stays in play for me as I am not going to touch Cirstea and Kuznetsova in this tournament anymore.









and almost 2 moths later.... sorry for that again.
So as mentioned abova I quit Kuznetsova and Cirstea after the unfortunate first round, so in practice only Świątek was left to follow, and must say she did well, almost perfect until the final. She reached the final in which lost to Hercog in three-setter. On the route to the final she covered 4 spreads (including first round) so I can be satisfied with this pick.
Overall the GDGD method was 5-5 ATS and loss of -0,7 units in Lugano which is OK, considering a terrible first round. 




2 comments:

  1. Absolutely wonderful post! What a perfect concept. Thank you CreeksideReviewBlog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx but the were very little content so I feel a little bit irony ;)

      Delete